Evaluation of Risk factors in women with Breast Cancer registered at RCC,IGMC Shimla 2012 Dr.
Prediction and assessment of response to treatment of cervical cancer using MRI including parametric imaging 2012 Dr.Shalini Verma.
A Prospective randomized trial to compare carboplatin and F % FU based concurrent Chemo irradiation versus carboplatin and capectabine based chemo irradiation in locally advancer Head & Neck cancers . 2012 Dr.Srinivasan G.Y.
A prospective randomized trial to compare Paclitaxel and cisplatin based CCRT vs cisplatin and etoposide based concurrent CRT in locally advanced unresectable Non Small Cekll Lung Cancer. Dr. Kalindi
A Prospective randomized controlled trial comparing % FU based concurrent Chemo irradiation with Capectabine based concurrent Chemo radiotherapy in locally advanced Ca Return.
Posterior segment disease distribution pattern among the patients reporting for photographic evaluation at funds clinic of IGMC, Shimla. Dr. Anubhav Chauhan
Intraoperative and postoperative complications following MSICS in patients suffering from cataract with Pseudoexfoliation syndrome. Dr. Mayank Mahajan
To study the epidemiological, topographic and socioeconomic aspects in relation to services (with emphasis on corneal transplantation services) being provided at IGMC Eye Bank (Retroprospective Study). Dr. Tarun Sood
To study the chronic kidney disease status and the correlation with ocular manifestations of patients suffering from Pseudoexfoliation syndrome. Dr. Gopal Damani
To study the frequency of Diabetic Retinopathy in Pre-diabetics (A Hospital based study) Dr. Sanjeev Krishan
A comparison of Modified Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery (M-MSICS) with Phacoemulsification in terms of intraoperative complications, postoperative complications, Surgeon comfort, surgical duration, patient comfort and best corrected visual acuity (BCVA). Dr. Mohammad Shahid Khan
Comparative study to find out the outcome of sclerocorneal tunnel technique with a diorect posterior limbal stab incision (PLSI) in Samll incision cataract surgery (SICS) with clear corneal incision in phacoemulsification in terms of Surgeon duration, surgical comfort, patient comfort, complications, astigmatism & visual outcome. Dr. Deepti Mahajan
A prospective case-control study to evaluate the correlation between sensorineural hearing loss and the ocular manifestations of patients suffering from Pseudoexfoliation syndrome. Dr. Himanshu Goyal
Bronchial Artery Embolization in patient of Massive and Recurrent Hemoptysis. Peripheral Neuropathy in Stable COPD patient.
Comparative study of Telmisartan and Metoprolol on Endothelial function and Arterial Stiffness in newly diagnosed Hypertensive patients. Thesis submitted by Dr Minakshi Sumbria for the degree of MD Pharmacology.
To study the frequency of metabolic Syndrome and Carotid wall intimal medial thickness in patients of COPD its correlation with severity of COPD. Thesis submitted by Dr. Sandeep Chindhi for the degree of MD Medicine.
Association of High Sensitivity C RP and Blood Pressure and its risk determinant. Thesis submitted by Somesh Banerjee for the degree of Master of Science in Biotechnology.
Study of Left Ventricular Mass and its Determinants on Echocardiography. Thesis submitted by Dr. Namrata Guleri for the Degree of MD Anatomy
Study of Myocardial Strain and Systolic Dyssynchrony Index in Hypertensive's with normal Systolic Function: Prospective Echocardiography based Case Control Study. Thesis submitted by Dr. Tulika Madaik for the degree of MD Physiology.
Comparative study of Telmisartan and Metoprolol on Endothelial function and Arterial Stiffness in newly diagnosed Hypertensive patients. Thesis submitted by Dr Minakshi Sumbria for the degree of MD Pharmacology. " To study the frequency of metabolic Syndrome and Carotid wall intimal medial thickness in patients of COPD its correlation with severity of COPD. Thesis submitted by Dr. Sandeep Chindhi for the degree of MD Medicine
Association of High Sensitivity C RP and Blood Pressure and its risk determinant. Thesis submitted by Somesh Banerjee for the degree of Master of Science in Biotechnology. " Study of Left Ventricular Mass and its Determinants on Echocardiography. Thesis submitted by Dr. Namrata Guleri for the Degree of MD Anatomy. " Study of Myocardial Strain and Systolic Dyssynchrony Index in Hypertensive's with normal Systolic Function: Prospective Echocardiography based Case Control Study. Thesis submitted by Dr. Tulika Madaik for the degree of MD Physiology.
National level award-for best publication of the year 2012 in mycology " Prof. G. Senthalmil Selvi award 2012" presented by President Dr. Suresh Talwar, Indian
Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists at Ahmedabad in National conference in January 2013 for Sporotrichosis in Sub-Himalayan India by
Santwana Verma*, Ghanshyam K. Verma, Gagandeep Singh, Anil Kanga, Vinay Shanker, Digvijay Singh, Poonam Gupta, Kiran Mokta, Vinita Sharma. Plosntds. org 1 June 2012
| Volume 6 | Issue 6 | e1673.
Dr.Poonam Thakur Jr. Resident III yr. bagged the 2 nd Best Paper Award GUST LECTURES ORGANISED :Organised inter departmental GUST LECTURES on various Cancer 2012-13.
That Dr. A.K. Sahai, Prof, Head Pharmacology got award " Eminent Educationist Award November 2012" by National and international compendium, New Delhi.
Dr. Bargavee Venkat (3rd year PG student) awarded certificate for securing first position in the "17th Residents' Review Course Quiz held in October 2013" and conducted by "Radiology Education Foundation, Mumbai."
Dr.Santosh Minhas and Dr.Poojan Dogra are the recipient of IOC Dr.Stya Paul Awards 2012 for Best Case Report.
The team of PG students stood first in the preliminary round out of 12 teams participated in YUVA FOGSI- North Zone meet in 2013.
Dr. Manika Saluja won the best paper award in AOI HPchapter conference in March, 2012 held at Bilaspur HP.
Dr. N. k. Mohindroo , Dr. Ramesh Azad and Dr. Jagdeep S. Thakur were invited faculty in ENT update conducted by PGI , Chandigarh in September, 2013.
Dr. Vidya and Dr. Vishal won the Inter college quiz held in PGI, Chandigarh on 20-21 September 2013. Dr. N.K. Mohindroo was invited guest speaker in 26th, All India Rhinology Society conference held in Baroda September 2013.
Dr. N. K. Mohindroo & Dr. Jagdeep S. Thakur were nominated as governing body members of All India Rhinology Society in Baroda September 2013.
Dr. Rajeev Bhardwaj was invited to present Challenging Cases in Transcatheter based interventions at TCT San Francisco California Sept 2013
Dr. P C Negi was selected for one Year Course on PH Leadership and Professional development in Rollins School of Public Health Emory University Atlanta Georgia USA. In May 2013 to April 2014.
1. G K Verma, Santwana Verma, Vinay Shanker, Gagandeep Singh, and G R Tegta ,Trop Doct October 2012 42: 237- 239,Santwana Verma1*, Ghanshyam K. Verma2, Gagandeep Singh1, Anil Kanga1,Vinay Shanker2,Digvijay Singh1, Poonam Gupta1, Kiran Mokta1, Vinita Sharma1. Plosntds.org 1 June 2012 | Volume 6 | Issue 6 | e1673.
2. Sharma RC (2013) Geriatric depression. Current Medical Journal of India; 18(10):7-14.Sharma RC (2013) Depression in children and adolescents. Current Medical Journal of India; 18(12):15-21.
3. Madhup Rastogi,Swaroop Revannasiddaiah ,Maoj K gupta Rejeev Kseem,Priyanka Thakur,Manish Gupta “when Palliative treatment achieves more then palliation: Instances of Long-term Survival after Palliative “Radiotherapy ”Indian journal of Palliative care /May-Aug2012/Vol-18/Issue-2(117-121).
4. Revannasiddaiah S,Gupta Mk Rastogi M,Kesri AA,Seam Rk, Gupta M,Chauahan S, Madabhavi I. Deratomyositis and chest radiography leading to the diagnosis of lung cancer and subsequent confusions in staging due to the presence of tuberculosis.BMJ case Rep.2012 Apr2:2012Pil ber 0120125585.doi:10-1136/bcr.01.2012.5585.
5. Revannasiddaiah S,Thakur P,Rastogi M,Madabhavi O,Belled A,Chindi S.Posterior pharyngeal wall carcinoma presenting as sudden onset bilateral upper limb radiculopathy.BMJ case Report 2012,doi 10.116/bcr.11.2011.5269.
6. Revannasiddaiah S, Rastogi M,Thakur P,gupta MK,Sood A,Sharma C.MRI for the detection of prostate cancer origin vertebral metastases in the preosteoblastic phase.BMJ case reports 2012:10.1136bcr-2012-006265.
7. Madabhavi I Revannasiddaiah S, Rastogi M, Gupta MK. Paraneoplastic Raynaud’s phenomenon manifesting before the diagnosis of lung cancer.BMJ case reports 2012:10.1136/bcr.03.2012.5985
8. Madabhavi I Revannasiddaiah S, Rastogi M, Gupta MK. Paraneoplastic Raynaud’s phenomenon manifesting before the diagnosis of lung cancer.BMJ case reports 2012:10.1136/bcr.03.2012.5985
9. Gupta MK,Rastogi M,Seam RK, Revannasiddaiah S,Bee-sting,a non-resolving wound and a progressive mass over the right eye preceding the ultimate diagnosis of frontal bone Ewing ‘s sarcoma.BMJ case Reports 2012;10.1136/bcr- 03- 2012-6012.
10. Madhup Rastogi,Manoj Kumar Gupta, Swaroop Revannasiddaiah ,Rajeev Kumar Seam. The lack of sleep, the pineal gland and breast cancer .BMJ Case reports 2012;doi:10.1136/bcr-2012-006763.
11. Cryptococcal mesenteric Lymphadenitis in immunocompromised host Indian Journal STD )/2012 33(11)60-1.
12. Placental site Trophoblastic Tumor a challenging rare entity. Taiwaness Journal of Obstetric & Gynae 12/201-. 49(4) 5 33-35.
13. Primary Endometroid Carcinoma of the Broad Ligament: a rare case report.The Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology of India(.Sept-Oct. 2012)62(4).
14. Cytological diagnosis of Lepromatous Leprosy:Areport of two cases with review of literature.Journal of cytology 2012;29: 203-204.
15. ‘Pure’ invasive apocrine carcinoma of the breast with psammoma bodies-a rare case report. Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal 2012 ; 1(1): 37-39.
16. Collecting-Duct Carcinoma of the Kidney with Prominent Signet Ring Cell Features-A rare case report." Clin cancer investigation journal 2012 ;1:170-172.
17. Intrapericardial immature teratoma in the new-born -a rare case report".Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal 2012 1(2):106-108.
18. Metastatic balloon cell melanoma-a rare differential in the diagnosis of clear cell tumors: Report of two cases. Clin.Cancer Investigation Journal 2012;1:89-91.
19. Synchronous multicentric pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma with anaplastic features. Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal2012;vol1(2):86-88.
20. A comparative study of bone marrow aspiration and bone marrow biopsy in hematological and non-hematological disorder- an institutional experience, JIACM 2013; 14 (2) : 133-5
21. Cytohistological correlation in diagnosis of lung tumors by using fiberoptic bronchoscopy : study of 200 cases, IJPM – 56(2), April- june 2013, 84-88.
22. Angilipoma of the mammary region : A report of two cases. Journal of health specialities , july 2013, vol 1, (2), 100-102
23. Paper of Prof. K.P. Chaudhary , Dr. Rahul Bhargava on “Estimation of Mean Laser Energy Levels And Long Term Safety And Efficacy Of Nd-Yag Capsulotomy” accepted for publication in Indian Journal of Public Health & Development, Jan –June 2012 p 108 to 113
24. Prof. K P Chaudhary & Dr Vinay Gupta’s article on Surgical technique for managing deep corneal hematoma following penetrating keratoplasty published in Delhi Journal of Ophthalmology(DJO) Vol.23 No. 2 October-December 2012:115-118
25. Prof. K P Chaudhary , Dr Vinay Gupta & Dr Pankaj Kumar’s article on Late recurrent spontaneous hyphema in a patient operated for cataract due to inverse Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis syndrome- a case report published in North Zone Journal of Ophthalmology,Vol 20, No.1,April 2013:60-65
26. Paper of Dr Vinay Gupta, Prof. K.P. Chaudhary on “ Risk factors for deterioration of visual fields after glaucoma filtering surgery” published in North zone journal of Ophthalmology, Vol. 19,No.1, April 2012.
27. Paper of Prof K P Chaudhary, Dr Ram Lal Sharma, Dr Arti Sareen on Visual Outcome following cataract surgery in selected hospitals of Shimla District : A follow up study was published in Tropical Ophthalmology in year 2012: 31
28. Paper of Prof K P Chaudhary, Dr G C Rajput and Dr Praveen panwar on prevalence of diabetic retinopathy in known type-2 Diabetes Mellitus patients published in Tropical Ophthalmology in year 2012: March edition ,Page no 7
29. Paper of Dr. R.L. Sharma, Dr Anmol Gupta, Dr SR Mazta, Dr Deepak Sharma on Pravelence of ref. errors, ColourVision, Visual field defects & other ocular ds was published in JIMSA October-December2012Vol 25No 4
30. Paper of Dr. R.L. Sharma, Dr Praveen on Minimal Duration Cataract Surgery – SICS without superior rectus stitch without flap and cauterization was published in DJO Vol 22,No 4 April to June 2012
31. A survey of noninvasive ventilation practices in a respiratory ICU of North India. Sharma S, Agarwal R, Aggarwal AN, Gupta D, Jindal SK. Respir Care. 2012 Jul;57(7):1145-53. doi: 10.4187/respcare.01541. Epub 2012 Jan 23.
32. Member of the working committee. Guidelines for diagnosis and management of community-and hospital-acquired pneumonia in adults: Joint ICS/NCCP(I) recommendations. Lung India [serial online] 2012 [cited 2013 Nov 30];29:27-62
33. Fatal re-expansion pulmonary edema in a young adult following tube thoracostomy for spontaneous pneumothorax. Sharma S, Madan K, Singh N. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Jun 5;2013. pii: bcr2013010177. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2013-010177.
34. Bony beard: Osteosarcoma of the mandible with exuberant sunburst periosteal reaction. Int J Med Biomed Res 2012;1(1):85-88.
35. Classic case Sturge -Weber Syndrome. AJNR.July 2012.
36. CaseReport : Pneumothorax and Pneumomediastinum , in a sputum, Postive Tuberculosis Patient: The Continuous Diaphragm Sign. Online Jopurnal of Health and Allied Sciences. Volume 11,issue 1;Jan-March 2012.
37. Post shunt meningeal fibrosis: Role of contrast enhanced MRI in differentiation from chronic subdural hematoma. http://www.injs.in November 15, 2012.
38. Virilizing Adrenal Oncocytoma: Dinesh Sharma, Sanjeev Sharma, Anupam Jhobta, R.G.Sood. http://www.Clinical imaging Science.Org, January 01, 2013.
39. Diagnostic accuracy of triple test score in palpable breast lump.’ the Indian practitioner ‘P 541-547 vol 65 No-9 sept.2012.Prof.A.K. Gupta, Dr.Satish, Dr.bhavesh
40. Case Report:Bony beard: Osteosarcoma of the mandible with exuberant sunburst periosteal reaction. Bhatia V, Sharma S, Sood R. G., Jhobta A,International Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research. 2012;1(1):85-88.
41. Bouvert’s syndrome: 64-Slice CT Diagnosis and Surgical Management—A Case Report.Dinesh Sharma, Rajan Sood, Ashwani Tomar, Anupam Jhobta, Shruti Thakur, and R.G.Sood Case Reports in Radiology. Volume 2012
42. Hirayama disease : Role of diffusion tensor imaging.Dinesh Sharma, Shruti Thakur, Chidanand Chavan, Anupam Jhobta.IJCRI International journal of case report and images 2012.
43. Classic Case:.Sturge-Weber Syndrome. Vikas Bhatia, RG Sood, Sanjiv SharmaAJNR, July 2012.
44. Case Report: Peumothorax and Pneumomediastinum in a Sputum Positive Tuberculosis Patient: The Continuous Diaphragm Sign. RG Sood, Sanjiv Sharma, JK Mokta, Anupam Jhobta, Vikas Bhatia, P Panda. Online Journal of Health and Allied Sciences. Volume 11, Issue 1;Jan-Mar 2012.
45. A Intrathoracic Intermuscular Lipoma.Vikas Bhatia, Sanjiv Sharma, Shikha Sood. ACR Sept 10, 2012.Post Shunt Meningeal Fibrosis: Role of contrast enhanced MRI in differentiation from Chronic Subdural Hematoma.
46. Vikas Bhatia, Prashant Panda, Sanjiv Sharma, R.G.Sood http://www.ijns.in. Nov 15, 2012. Virilizing Adrenal Oncocytoma.Dinesh Sharma, Sanjiv Sharma, Anupam Jhobta, R.G.Sood. http://www.Clinical Imaging Science.org, January 01,2013.
47. Hirayama Disease in Unilateral and Bilateral forms -3 Case Reports. Shruti Thakur, R.G.Sood, Anupam Jhobta, Dinesh Sharma, Sushma Makhaik, Neeti Aggarwal, Charu S. Thakur.The Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, 2013.
48. Cephalothoracopagus Janiceps Asymmetros Twins – Antenatal Sonographic Diagnosis.Dinesh Sharma, Anupam Jhobta, J.R.Azad, D.S.Dhiman, Mansa Pandith, Sanjiv Sharma.Journal of Clinical Ultrasound 2013.Cruetzefeld Jacob disease- classic case.
49. Dinesh Sharma, Anupam Jhobta, Sushma Makhaik, Ashwani Tomar.AJNR 2013.Letter to Editor – Rhomboencephalo- synapsis with turricephaly.Vikas Bhatia, R.G.Sood, Anupam Jhobta, Prashant Panda.Journal of Paediatric Neurosciences/ Volume 7 / Sept-Dec /2012.
50. Anita Pal, Rao R, Gupta K.B, Dogra P, A rare case of Primary carcinoma of fallopian tube. The Indian Practitioner 2012,Vol 65(2)109-110
51. Marwaha PD et al, To Study the safety and efficacy of misoprostol in missed abortion,IOJ2012,vol2(2): 21-24.
52. Marwaha PD et al, Osserous Metaplasia the ovarian stone associated with endometrioma and leiomyoma uterus: A rare occurrence. The antiseptic 2012, Vol 109(9)
53. Marwaha PD et al, To study maternal mortality in a tertiary institution of the hilly region of Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, An 1 year study. The antiseptic 2012 vol109(10&P):477-480
54. Pal A, A rare case of young infertile protein with PCOS,JPOG, March2012 Vol3(3)98
55. Pal A, Rare case of circumvallated placenta , April 2012 vol 109(4)T The antiseptic 168
56. DR. Pal A et al, Pregnancy with Non cirrhotic portal hypertension-antiseptic Vol 110(a)2013-12-05
57. Dr.Arun Kumar et al, To evaluate the efficacy of misoprostol versus oxytocin in the management of 3rd stage of labour. Int Jr.of Med and Applied Sciences vol-II(3)2013
58. Dr.Suman Thakur et al, Effectively of misoprostol versus PGE2 gel in PROM. The Antiseptic 2013 vol-110(3)
59. Thakur JS, Shekar V, Saluja M, Mohindroo NK. Unusual delayed presentation of head trauma complicating outcome of facial nerve decompression surgery . BMJ Case Rep. 2013. Aug.20; 2013. PMID 23964046.
60. Thakur A, Thakur JS. Extravasational toxicity of anticancer chemotherapy and its management. OA Case Reports. 2013; Mar 01;2(3):26.
61. Thakur JS, Thakur S, Sharma DR, Mohindroo NK, Thakur A, Negi PC. Hearing loss with phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors: A prospective and objective analysis with tadalafil. Laryngoscope. 2013 Jun;123(6):1527-30. PubMed PMID: 23553123.
62. Minhas RS, Thakur JS, Sharma DR. Primary schwannoma of maxillary sinus masquerading as malignant tumour. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Apr 16;2013 PubMed PMID: 23595193.
63. Thakur JS, Shekar V, Saluja M, Mohindroo NK. Coexistence of bilateral first and second branchial arch anomalies. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Apr 10;2013 PubMed PMID: 23580675.
64. Thakur JS, Mohindroo NK, Sharma DR, Mohindroo S, Thakur A. Tonsillitis with acute myeloid leukemia: a case series for caution. Ear Nose Throat J. 2013 Apr-May;92(4-5):E22-3. PubMed PMID: 23599112.
65. Thakur JS, Verma N, Thakur A, Sharma DR, Mohindroo NK. Necrotizing cervical fasciitis: Prognosis based on a new grading system. Ear Nose Throat J. 2013 Mar;92(3):149-52. PubMed PMID: 23532652.
66. Thakur JS, Saluja M, Sharma DR, Mohindroo NK. Fibrolipoma of the eustachian ostium. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Feb 25;2013PubMed PMID: 23440992.
67. Thakur JS, Chauhan I, Mohindroo NK, Sharma DR, Azad RK, Vasanthalakshmi MS. Otoacoustic emissions in otitis media with effusion: do they carry any clinical significance? Ind J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013; 65(1): 29-33. Doi: 10.1007/s12070-012-0587-5
68. Thakur J, Thakur A, Chauhan I, Saluja M, Minhas R, Sharma D, Mohindroo N. Bilateral para-tracheal lignocaine infiltration in open surgical tracheostomy. Head Neck Oncol. 2013 Jan 4;5(1):2. PubMed PMID: 23400032.
69. Thakur JS, Sharma DR, Mohindroo NK. Double fenestration of the internal jugular vein: a rare anatomic variant. Ear Nose Throat J. 2012 Oct;91(10):420, 427. PubMed PMID: 23076849.
70. Thakur JS, Mohindroo NK, Vasanthalakshmi MS, Kashyap N, Azad RK, Sharma DR. Auditory brainstem evoked responses in hyperlipidaemia: effect of various lipid fractions on auditory function. J Laryngol Otol. 2012 Mar;126(3):249-56. PubMed PMID: 22166679.
71. Thakur JS, Arora R, Mohindroo NK, Sharma DR. Trans nasal endoscopy in retro-orbital abscess. Intl J Clin Rhinol. 2012;5(1):14-16. DOI :10.5005/jp-journals-10013-1108
72. Association between Gender, Process of Care Measures, and Outcomes in ACS in India: Results from the Detection and Management of Coronary Heart Disease (DEMAT) Registry PLOS ONE April 2013 | Volume 8 | Issue 4 | e62061
73. Epidemiological Study of Hypertension in Natives of Spiti Valley in Himalayas and Impact of Hypobaric Hypoxemia; A Cross-Sectional Study JAPI June 2012 • VOL. 60
74. Epidemiological trends of RF/RHD in school children of Shimla in north India Indian J Med Res 137, June 2013, pp 1121-1127
75. Association between Gender, Process of Care Measures, and Outcomes in ACS in India: Results from the Detection and Management of Coronary Heart Disease (DEMAT) Registry PLOS ONE April 2013 | Volume 8 | Issue 4 | e62061
76. Epidemiological Study of Hypertension in Natives of Spiti Valley in Himalayas and Impact of Hypobaric Hypoxemia; A Cross-Sectional Study JAPI june 2012 • VOL. 60
77. Epidemiological trends of RF/RHD in school children of Shimla in north India Indian J Med Res 137, June 2013, pp 1121-1127